Monday, September 12, 2011

It's the Little Things in Life

Today was a little crazy for me: I woke up early and didn’t stop moving from 8a.m. until 3p.m. and let me tell you, I was exhausted. However, rather than dwell on how many things I have to cross off my To Do List and how I think my legs might snap from a combo of running around like a madwoman &  pilates, I decided to focus on the little things in my day today that made me smile.
I went to Trader Joe’s in Foggy Bottom and for those who follow this blog, you’ll already know that I have a not-so-secret huge crush on Trader Joe’s. Well, our relationship is now on the next level. While being checked out at the register, I chit chatted with the cashier and said I’m a student in D.C. He asked me what I wanted to do after college & I responded, “Make money & have fun!” Laughing, he gave me a roll of stickers. I may be a senior in college but my inner first grader was elated over these stickers. Very patriotic & so typical D.C.!
American Flag Stickers!!
 After a week of monsoon-like rain, today was positively beautiful weather! I opted to walk the 15 minutes to my apartment rather than catch a shuttle and I’m glad I did. I walked by freshly mown grass and there really is no greater smell on a warm day than that. What’re the little things in life that make you smile?

1 comment:

  1. I still love stickers too! And Trader Joes is amazing
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete