Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Healthy Lunch on the Go

I haven't had a meal plan since sophomore year and sometimes, I must admit, I wish I had one. However, I re-discovered Tupperware and haven't looked back since. I went to Trader Joe's (surprise, surprise) this morning & bought the ingredients to make one of my favorite lunches/dinners. All the ingredients can be purchased at Trader Joe's.
  • Chimichurri rice with vegetables
  • Grilled chicken (pre-cooked)
  • Frozen broccoli florets
  • Frozen asparagus spears 
  • Tomatoes 
Start by boiling the broccoli & asparagus in a pot. While the vegetables boil, saute the tomatoes & you can use the same pan to heat up the pre-cooked grilled chicken. The chimichurri rice is frozen so you just need to pop it in the microwave as instructed. Once all the ingredients are cooked, cover the bottom of the Tupperware with chimichurri rice and then pile on the grilled chicken, tomatoes, broccoli & asparagus.
I love this recipe because it's delicious & I can take it with me. I'm definitely a girl on the go so this meal works out really well for me: I get my protein as well as my veggies in. What're your favorite recipes when you're on the move?

No comments:

Post a Comment